Sunday, September 14, 2008

Where has this been all my life?



So, my roommate and I have lived together for almost 6 years now (yes I know, slightly co-dependent, we are aware of this) and in order for us to remain friends we have figured out that we need scheduled "Friend Time" every week.  Otherwise, we quickly turn into people who just reside at the same home, but don't ever hang out.  Now normally "Friend Time" is on Sunday evenings, but our best friend G was coming into town on Saturday, so we hung out with her for about three hours and then had "Friend Time" on Saturday night instead.  Our original plan was to rent Baby Mama from the Redbox, but alas, it was sold out...I mean how dare they go and jack-up our plans???  Instead we rented Blades of Glory, which ALLEGEDLY I have seen in the theater, have the ticket stub to prove it and everything...but that is a very long story for another day.  Anyway, after we went to get the movie and dinner (a.k.a. junk food) we headed over to the ABC store because we were almost out of vodka and rum, which clearly would not do.  Here's the scene and events that unfolded as we were walking through the ABC store:

Roommate-Oh, let's get Vanilla Rum instead, I had this great drink last week at L's house that I know you will love.
Me-Ok, what's in it?
Roommate-Vanilla Rum and Sunkist, it tastes like a Creamsicle.
Me-[stopping dead in my tracks] Excuse me?  Come again?
Roommate-Trust me, it totally tastes like a creamsicle.
Me-I'm hurt.  You've know about this for a whole week and are just telling me now?  Seriously, have you just met me?
Roommate-I know, I know, but trust me, your dramatic hurt will turn into drunken forgiveness and excitement.

Later that night, after eating our weight in junk food (candy corn, snickers bites, salt and vinegar chips, cheetos), I mean dinner, the scene picks back up:

Me-Ok, all is forgiven.  The drink and the movie were amazing.  (Again, ALLEGEDLY I saw it in the theater with her, her boyfriend and my mom.)
Roommate-Told you.
Me-Next time, Baby Mama?
Roommate--For sure, with more of these, because I mean everything is better with vanilla rum.

No comments: