Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hot Dog Y'all!


I feel like I shouldn't be as excited as I am about this...but I'll take what I can get.  

[Side note: two other things to add to the list of things I say at work all the time are "Hot dog y'all!"as in-Hot dog y'all I found the masking tape! and "crazy town" as in-They are all crazy town today.]

Anyway, back on track--So every time I go out, I tell myself, "I'm not going to stay out late tonight...but what happens every time?  I'm there until the bar closes.  I know, I know, I don't know what happens, I get there, start talking, and the next thing I hear, "last call for alcohol", then (I swear instantly) I hear, "time to go ladies, we're locking up."  And, it's not even like I'm plastered-I have two drinks, play pool (retract that-I stand there looking cute holding a cue stick while whoever I'm partnered with keeps us from getting our asses handed to us-no worries, I know my role in the game I'm just there as eye candy and entertainment), chat, and catch up on the weekly dyke gossip/drama (you know you can't resist it when it doesn't actually involve you).  But last night....drumroll please....I left at midnight!  So, hot dog y'all I can do it! Anyone else just hear, "You can do it" in their heads? You know, Waterboy?  Anyone? Bueller?  

3 comments:

SheA said...

hot dog y'all........ as in hot dawg????? am I right about that?

SheA said...

p.s. i remember now what i was gonna post....

i was listening to one of the CD's that I made for road trips on my way into my parents house... that last song I heard was "butterfly" by crazytown.... how CraZAy is that... Mmmkay- back to whatever it was you were doing before you read this comment.....

The Surprise Dyke said...

It used to be "Hot Damn!" but I changed it to "Hot Dog!" when I started teaching since they tend to frown upon cursing in the elementary school...