Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My Gay Posse


Don't get my wrong, I love my straight friends.  They have been with me for a long time and through the good, the bad, the ugly, and the things I wish they would let me forget but never will.  However, that being said, I love my gay posse.  

#1-Types--We all have different types of women we are attracted to which eliminates that weird/awkward moment of "I saw them first, let's turn this into a competition" thing.

#2-Ages--We have about a 20 year age span from the youngest to the oldest in my posse.  How awesome is that!!!  Seriously...I love my peer group but DAMN we can create some D.R.A.M.A.  It is AWESOME to have such a variety of ages/life stages because there is just not the drama that you get with 8-10 people in their mid-twenties.

#3-Open--These are some of the most open, welcoming people I have ever met.  If someone is new to the area, just out, etc. they make you feel welcomed and as if you have been a part of the group all along, given that you have a sense of humor, are sarcastic, and are being yourselves.

#4-Fun--While we have our serious sides, I can always count on having a good time when I am out with them.  We don't stir up the drama at the bars/clubs, but you can be absolutely certain that we will sit in the parking lot, drink Tequila and watch you make an ass of yourself while you are fighting with your girlfriend at 3am.

#5-Caring--I've been sick with Bronchitis for about a week, another girl has a virus, one has a cold, another has some breathing problems, yet people call each other to find out how everyone is feeling.  That just gives me the warm fuzzies inside--not only do we have a good time out at the bars/clubs but we genuinely care about one another.

Don't you just love them too now that you read this?

2 comments:

SheA said...

i heart your gay posse

Simetta J said...

aww your posse is adorable
I wish I had a gay posse...