Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sunshine after the rain

I want to start by thanking so many of you again for your words, I cannot fully express how much it meant to have your love and support when going through such a hard time. After much time in prayer, hard conversations and tears things are starting to get better.
The pain of losing my grandma is simply one that is going to take time, so I'm not going to pretend that I'm all better because I'm not. I do however know that things will get better with time and it's a process I simply have to go through. Thankfully I have a loving support system here, back home with my family and with you all on the internet.
Girlfriend and I had very long, very hard and very much needed conversation. One we had to wait several days to have because it simply was not one we could have over the phone. She's going to move in with her dad for a couple of months and then move in here, she wants to have a cushion to help out and not feel like she's not contributing. This is something I had not even thought about because I want to take care of her, but I respect her for this. Even though on the rare occasion an issue from her past pops up, we are stronger than ever. I was shocked to hear things her dad told her when she informed him that I gave her the option of moving here. He's actually acknowledged that we are in a relationship, AND that he and his wife really like and respect me (my jaw dropped open when she told me that) and he's comfortable with her moving in with me once she gets back on her feet.
Last of all my health stuff that is going on. This morning (right as I was getting dressed to be in a wedding in another city...awesome timing) my period started. I'm still going to go to the doctor to make sure everything is okay since I didn't get it for three months but I feel a lot better (mentally, physically I still feel "off") now that at least it's back this month.

No comments: