Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First day, first awesome quote!

Today was not at dreadful as I was expecting and I actually have some really sweet kids in the mix of future juvenile delinquents. One child in particular was unintentionally HILARIOUS today. He is an only child and from now on will be referred to as Little Adult (LA). I had several notes on the board as to where to put supplies, backpacks, lunch boxes, etc. and he asked me my name 3 times in ten minutes stating, "Sorry, I really want to make sure I get it right." Note-my name is very common and spelled the way it sounds. He then asked me where to put his extra paper, then he asked me where the pencil sharpener was, then he asked me if he could get a drink, then asked something else that I can't remember. THEN he said, and I quote: "Sorry Miss ______. I'm going to run you ragged with all my questions today."

I'll give you a minute to really absorb that.

SERIOUSLY, what eight year old talks like that?!?!?! It made my day. That and the realization that there are only 4 months from today until Christmas and only 179 student days until summer!

6 comments:

Taylor said...

That's awesome! I didn't know that an only child could be that mature lol. The only ones I know are immature and they have what I like to call "Only Child Syndrome" and a severe case of "the world revolves around me".

Anonymous said...

LOL that is too funny!! My 8 year old says some of the craziest things too. You just never know. Don't remind me on Christmas but I spent S first day of school getting him the first of his Christmas gifts only because there was a deal going on. OYI By pass winter and continue the summer!

The Surprise Dyke said...

Taylor-He's a funny kid. I always hated the "only child stereotype" because a lot of only children are slightly awkward with peers since they are around adults so often.

The Surprise Dyke said...

Dragon-I'm excited/freaked about the Christmas thing since it will be here so fast!

Erin said...

awww he sounds precious!! I can't wait to read about what he may say next hahaha.

And man.. this year is flying by way too fast.

The Surprise Dyke said...

Carolyn-I'm confident he's going to be a quoted often :-)