Monday, August 23, 2010

Blech.

Tomorrow is one of my least favorite days of the year. It's an itty-bitty bit better than parent/teacher conferences and Back to School night. Tomorrow is "meet the teacher" for two hours. It sounds harmless, doesn't it? Bring your kid and their supplies, drop stuff off in the classroom, say hi to the teacher and leave. Yet it's one of my levels of hell because it involves many things that I am not good at including:

1) small talk
2) smiling for long periods of time
3) being perky when I've been on my feet for 10+ hours already
4) interacting with parents
5) answering the same questions 15+ times

I don't know what happens when parents walk into the room. I am perfectly fine, holding conversations with co-workers and friends then BAM! I develop an awkward stutter and all my credibility goes out the window. I don't want to talk about your "baby" or your "angel" I just want to go home, eat dinner and go to bed early the night before I will spend the first of many awkward days with your "angel" as we figure out how this is going to work for the next 180 days. Don't get me wrong, I like what I do. I just don't like interacting with parents. If I liked talking to adults all day I would work in an office.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh come on now you gotta love it! LOL Espically when every parent thinks that their child could never be anything but an "angel"! LOL Only you get to see the delivish side of them all! :) Keep your chin up!

The Surprise Dyke said...

Sabrae-Don't know if I "love" it but I did "survive" it!