Thursday, August 5, 2010

I love surprises!

Girlfriend and I were supposed to go here on Wednesday but considering that it is a sour note (pun intended) I surprised her and took her here. She was totally surprised and VERY excited about it. She took some hilarious videos that I will do my best to get a copy of and post here but for now you can enjoy this picture:
My best friend's wedding was amazing and it was awesome to catch up with people that I haven't seen since we graduated college. It made me miss them and it also brought up random stories from my past that Girlfriend didn't know about. Nothing bad-things like jumping in fountains, partying late into the night, and standard drunken fun. Girlfriend did get a little concerned about the things I did in the past, thinking that I was missing my wild side and would leave her because I'm "bored" with her. At first I thought she was kidding, but when I saw the tears in her eyes I quickly reassured her that I love her, am in this, and while it's fun to reminisce with my friends about our wild days those days are long behind me. I'm much happier renting a movie, drinking wine at home, snuggling with dogs on the couch and socking away money to start a family.
Speaking of family (like the segway?) I'm heading home to Jersey on Sunday and kicking it with Ga-ma and Gam-pa (that's what B calls them...don't judge) before starting the school year. I'm certain something entertaining will occur so stay tuned! I'm cutting this short because there is a for-serious storm outside and B needs my full attention right now. He's already had a stressful day with two baths (more on that next time).

No comments: