Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I'm concerned about the future...

Let's play a little game, shall we? It's called: can you spot what's wrong with my beer in this picture?
Take your time...


I went to the store and bought groceries, I hand the cashier my bags that I brought from home. The bagger man proceeds to fit the majority of my things in one bag which was fantastic. All that was left was beer. The cashier girl asks me, "Would you like this in a bag?" I look a see that I have a spare bag and reply, "Sure, that would be great." She then puts my beer in a plastic bag. As she's doing this I say to her, "Excuse me miss, but I have an extra bag that I brought with me." She looks over says, "oh, ok!" and puts the plastic bag in the reusable one I brought with me, hands it to me with a smile and says, "Have a great day!" The bagger and I look at each other, look at her and look back at each other in disbelief. I had to take a picture and share this story with all of you to remind you that you should ALL be very concerned about the future decision makers and voters of this country...

4 comments:

Taylor said...

That happens to my mom and I at least once a month when we do our weekly shopping trip. I usually bag our groceries because my mom us really particular about how they are badges. She told me to apply at our grocery store when I was looking for a job and I told her that I would be a great asset to the store because I know how to bag properly however I cannot work with stupid people so it would not be the ideal job for me.

The Surprise Dyke said...

Taylor-Maybe I'm hyper-sensitive about my groceries being bagged because my very first job was at a grocery store. I was determined to be better than all the boys since I was the only female :-)

crystal said...

Yikes! What did she think the point of the bag that you brought was?!
Here in WA they keep trying to put a charge in place for plastic bags, which I think is awesome! But it continues to be voted down :( Come on people!
Well anyways, kudos for at least using the bags, maybe one day that cashier will get it

The Surprise Dyke said...

Crystal-when I was living overseas I became conditioned to bringing bags with me whenever I left the house "just in case" since every store charged you-or even better didn't have bags at all.