Friday, March 19, 2010

More Questions, Some Answers

Yesterday the lumbar puncture went as well as possible and I'm finally back home. Today while the PT and OT were visiting I had another episode where I start "radiating" and they grabbed the blood pressure cuff, pulse monitor and checked everything. They found out that when that happens my oxygen levels have crashed and my heart rate is off the chart. I was standing still and my heart rate was at 144. They sat me back down and a few seconds later it went back to normal. They continued to monitor it for about 20 minutes and any time I moved all my levels went crazy. After resting for an hour they took my bp/pulse/oxygen sitting and everything was normal. They had me lay down and the thing started beeping like crazy when my heart rate crashed. They had me sit back up for a few minutes and then stand. Instantly my oxygen crashed and my heart rate went to 135 and was climbing quick. You would think my heart would be pounding in my chest but it wasn't. It felt like it was beating normally and I was having a hard time catching my breath. My doctor says there is a problem in my central nervous system where my body is having difficulty regulating these things (duh) and they are going to do another test called a Tilt Test in the next few weeks. This may have a lot to do with my dizziness, headaches,vision problems and "radiating" episodes and thankfully there is medicine they can give me to help my body regulate itself. I also have an appointment on Friday with the only Neurological Ophthalmologist in the hospital system to have him check my eyes and see if they can fix my vision problems. My doctor thinks there may be two competing things going on in my body and the MS diagnosis is still on the table (along with some other really things with REALLY long names) until they get the results back from several tests on my spinal fluid. At least right now we have some possible answers and not just questions.

3 comments:

SquirtyB said...

This must be so scary. I will keep you in my thoughts...

I hope that they get you feeling normal again soon!

Vikki said...

I'm all for answers. Hope you get some soon.

LilliGirl said...

Answers are good. Even when you don't like them. Hugs and prayers your way. You have enought to do without all this, right? :)