Sunday, March 7, 2010

Just call me nurse

There is something wrong when I am the healthiest one in the house this week. I took B to the emergency vet this morning when late last night we noticed blood around his "privates" after he peed. After talking with a vet on the phone I made an appointment to take him in first thing this morning. The vet believes that B has a UTI and he is currently sleeping on the couch next to me all medicated up. He has to have antibiotics for a few weeks and has to go back to be checked again in 10 days. The only positive thing is that I like the emergency vet I went to WAY better than B's regular vet and I'm seriously considering transferring to this place. I've been a wreck since seeing him bleeding and Girlfriend was going to come with me to be the emotional rock, but she started puking around 6AM and didn't go back to sleep until after 8:30. She is also all medicated up (Pepto and Emitrol which she keeps throwing up-not exactly helping her) and currently is sleeping in the bed where I can keep an eye on her. I took off tomorrow to keep an eye on B, and Girlfriend if she is still yaking up her inside. She doesn't want to eat anything but I am force feeding her saltines and ginger ale. Earlier Girlfriend was laying on the couch and said exasperatedly, "But I'm supposed to be taking care of you!" To which I responded, "You took care of me last week, let me take care of you now so you can take care of me later on. Staying well is going to be a team effort for a while." Some background-last week I went to my neurologist because I have been having some strange episodes. He took 7 vials of blood to test for anything and everything possible, except pregnancy. On Wednesday after work I have to head back to the hospital to have two MRIs done to hopefully find out some answers. So, yeah, if I'm the healthiest one in the house-something is wrong. Keep your fingers crossed I don't mix up their meds ;-)

1 comment:

Vikki said...

I hope you're all okay soon!