Sunday, March 27, 2011

Around the house

Here's what we have been up to...picture style!
L-Gato had found a new favorite place to sit and watch his kingdom. Any suggestions on how to stop this would be greatly appreciated.
We've had a lot of rain and gloomy skies. It was nice to see an actual rainbow after the B-man and Q-dog nearly squished me being afraid of the storm!
I made strawberry shortcakes for our anniversary!
I also made a new dish called "Tortilla Soup" in the crock pot. Who says gluten free and vegetarian has to be boring???

4 comments:

Nulaanne said...

Sticky pads they sell them at the pet stores usualy packed for scratching. BTW, I want shortcake.

The Surprise Dyke said...

Nulaanne-THANK YOU!!!! I am picking up these sticky pads tomorrow. Sorry, it was gone that night!

Anonymous said...

Recipe? Looks super good.

The Surprise Dyke said...

Gapingwhole-

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/vegetarian-tortilla-soup/Detail.aspx

Here is the website where I found the recipe. I altered the spices a little bit so make it match what our house likes. You can cook it in the crock pot all day too-it freezes REALLY well and makes an a**load of soup!