Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Schooled by an 8 year old

Conversation I overheard at the car rider line today with a Co-worker and Serious Child:

Co-worker:Wow Serious Child that's fantastic you got an A on your progress report!
Serious Child: Thank you. Mom was happy but I don't really like school that much.
Co-worker: Well for a kid who doesn't like school you sure do do great work.
Me: (snickering)
Serious Child: (shrugs shoulders) I guess.
Co-worker: (giggling) Did you hear what I said, you do do great work.

My co-worker and I then high-fived and giggled to each other.

Co-worker: Do do? You heard me right?
Me: Totally. That's why we are friends. Serious Child you don't find this funny at all do you?
Serious Child: No. You two are weird.

He then promptly walked away leaving us still giggling at do do and the realization that an eight year old is more mature than us. Whatever, he's missing out on the fun.

4 comments:

Erin said...

hehe do do. You two are crazy. I hope Serious Child learns to have some fun. It's great to still have humor as adults, but you gotta enjoy being a kid while a kid!

CJ said...

That kid is way to serious! He needs to lighten up a bit!

The Surprise Dyke said...

Carolyn-True true!

The Surprise Dyke said...

Cj-Seriously (pun intended)