Sunday, October 3, 2010

One little thing, okay two

Ok, so I realized that my last several posts have been wedding related and I PROMISE that I will resume posting hilarious things my students say/do as soon as they say/do something interesting. However, tonight Girlfriend and I finally agreed on invitations. We *shockingly* like two totally opposite styles: her-black and white, me-color, her-layers and stuff that opens, me-no layers, etc. We are making our own because we only need 12 and don't have a large budget. Here is the background we are using (we will print them on cream/ivory paper) since our "colors" are pale blue, brown and ivory. They became our "colors" by default. We are both going to wear ivory (super pale people don't look awesome in white), she wants blue hydrangea flowers, and I want a chocolate frosted cake. Girlfriend has put me in charge of invites but the "save the dates" (which I don't think we need but she really wants to have) are all her responsibility. This should get interesting...
Again, I PROMISE that this is not going to turn into some crazy wedding blog, but I have to get a little of this stuff out of my system. Oh, and before I forget we have slightly increased our total wedding guests to 23, not because my family wants me to, but because the more I talked, the more I cried, the more I cried the more unhappy I became, the more unhappy I was the more I realized that I wanted my family and our friends there. Girlfriend has no problem with this, her near exact quote was, "Didn't I tell you to invite them from the beginning? I just don't have any other family to invite. I just agreed with you to get you to stop talking about our feelings so I could watch TV."

4 comments:

LilliGirl said...

awesome...and the invites are pretty too

The Surprise Dyke said...

LilliGirl-Thanks and thanks!

Erin said...

I like the colors and the invite too!

I can't decide who is more hilarious, your kids or your girlfriend. I am going to go with girlfriend because she has hilarity condensed into one person.

The Surprise Dyke said...

Carolyn-I agree that Girlfriend wins :-)