Things I should know after four years of teaching but forget every year:
1) DON'T wear heels for the first time in 3 months and expect your feet to be fine while walking on concrete all day.
2) Make 2 extra copies of everything. You will get new students in the middle of the day and have nothing for them.
3) If you make 2 extra copies, you will get 3 students. However if you make 4 copies you will get no new students.
4) Add an extra 10 minutes of time because you will be late going anywhere.
5) If you actually remember to add an extra 10 minutes you will arrive too early and be stuck outside of the building in 90 degree heat.
6) Plan past the first day.
7) If you plan past the first day you will have to re-do your plans because you didn't get through everything.