Sunday, November 6, 2011

This is how I spend my day...

Location: Picking my students up from the computer lab.

Student: It feels like I wet my pants.
Me: Did you?
Student: (looking down) No. It just feels like I did.
Me: Are you sure? Do you need to go to the bathroom and check?
Student: (grabbing his pants) Nope. I'm sure. Sometimes I feel like that after I stand up.
Me: Okay.
Student: Even if I did, it'd be okay. I wear camo pants. You wouldn't be able to tell.
This is how I spend my day...

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Hilarious! My first day of field experience was a couple weeks ago in a second grade room. I was working with the kids in the hallway and had them go get the next student on my list when we were finished. I finish with one little girl and she goes back inside to get the next one. I look up and she's coming out the door again. I thought maybe the next student was absent and she needed a different name. Instead she sits down next to me. I look at my list and see that two of the kids have the same last name. Identical twins in the same class. They decided to dress alike that day. The only way you can tell them apart is one of them has a mole on her neck.
I also have a new found respect for special education teachers. I have been working in the resource room for the past week and it seriously tests my patience.

The Surprise Dyke said...

We had a set of twins last year and one was in my class. One day they decided to "switch." I took one look, laughed and told them nice try. They were genuinely surprised I could tell the difference. I said, "My aunts are twins, my cousins are twins, my godmother is a twin. You chose the wrong teacher."